Kingdom Drachenwald Signet Clerk
Principality Nordmark Signet Clerk
Principality Insulae Draconis Signet Clerk
Barony of Aarnimetsä Signet Clerk
Barony of Styringheim Signet Clerk
Barony of Knight's Crossing Signet Clerk
A signet clerk is in charge of coordinating with the King and Queen / Prince and Princess and the scribes of the kingdom to create calligraphed and illuminated works of art to be given out with awards and to commemorate entrances into orders.
A scribe in the Society for Creative Anachronism is a person who creates these documents; a scribe can either do illumination or calligraphy or both to produce a unique and original work of art. Award documents in the SCA are not just works of art but are also official documentation of the award that was given out, like a diploma.
Places to go for more information:
The official scribal emaillist for drachenwald
(Unofficial) The Dragon Scribes Blog, the Virtual Scriptorium for scribes of Drachenwald to meet and share, gather ideas and get input. Picture heavy.
(unofficial) The Dragon Scribes Wiki: A wiki for all things scribal in Drachenwald and beyond.
Things to know
- Drachenwald Scribal Standards
- Getting Started
- Getting started [pdf] by Mistress Bridget Greywolf (Fiona Messer)
- Some very basic texts and text building methods by Mistress Honor of Restormel
- Scroll [pdf] - Layout and Design [pdf] by Mistress Bridget Greywolf (Fiona Messer)
- Materials [pdf] by Mistress Bridget Greywolf (Fiona Messer)
- The imperfect treaty of Making Wax Seals for documents [pdf] by Master Haakon Pikinokka (Harri Ryynänen)
- Sample scroll texts (in progress)
- Backlog Scrolls (Drachenwald OP)
- Unclaimed Scrolls (Completed Backlog)
- Archive of Scroll Examples