The Kingdom Chirurgeon
Duchess Siobhan Inghean Ui Liathain (Diane Hedstrom)
Aarnimetsä Chirurgeon: Adeliza Johansdotter (Outi Sivonen)
Insulae Draconis Chirurgeon:
What are chirurgeons?
Chirurgeons are the first aid providers of the Society for Creative Anachronism. It is a group of volunteers who provide first-aid at SCA activities. There is a wide variety of people who are volunteering for it. You don't need to have medical training. Just training in First aid and CPR.
How to become a chirurgeon-in-training?
1. You must be at least 18 years of age.
2. You have to hold a current CPR card.
3. You must be current in at least Red Cross Community First Aid. (Check with your local Red Cross, St. John Ambulance, or other certifying agency. Of course other certificates will be considered also.)
4. Read the Chirurgeon's Handbook
5. You must be a SCA member
6. Fill in the chirurgeon-in-training application form
7. Send a copy of your First Aid, CPR, and SCA membership cards to Drachenwald Kingdom Chirurgeon.
How to become a Chirurgeon?
1. Become a chirurgeon-in-training.
2. Serve as a chirurgeon in three events under the supervision of other chirurgeons.
3. After three positive reports from these events the kingdom chirurgeon will end your training period and make you chirurgeon.
Please contact your regional chirurgeon or the kingdom chirurgeon for the chirurgeon-in-training application and evaluation forms.